U.S. Residents 和 Resident Alien 有什么区别?

一个不怎么严肃的法律问题,我在申请Tastywork和Suntrust 的checking时发现term里有要求,
Suntrust:“Offer available only to U.S. residents with a U.S. address and a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number”
Tastywork:“100 Shares of Stock or 10 Options Offer is available to all approved new customers (as determined by tax ID) who fund their tastyworks account with $2000 USD, are legal U.S. residents, and are ages 18+ as of date of participation (a “Qualified Customer.”)”
大神们,这个U.S. residents 是指Lawful permanent resident吗?还是Resident Alien也是其子集?谢谢解答。

这个估计就是写的不严谨 税务意义上只有U.S. Person(包括Resident Alien)和Non-Resident Alien这两种状态。一般小银行为了避免compliance方面的麻烦都是只给U.S. Person服务的。

谢粉,那RA这种情况一般可撸?

我觉得没问题

1赞

Disclaimer: Not legal advice

其实有个地方感觉是特意写的模糊的。平时W-9的declaration是这样写的

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that:

1. The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me); and
  2. I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or © the IRS has notified me that I am
    no longer subject to backup withholding; and
  3. I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person (defined below); and
  4. The FATCA code(s) entered on this form (if any) indicating that I am exempt from FATCA reporting is correct

我见过之前是Apple Card还是WeBull还是哪里,故意打了一个擦边球,所有的条款都没变,但是第三行改成了

1. I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. resident; and

感觉是故意放开给了NRA,因为凡是不写 “U.S. Person” 字样或者 “Resident Alien” 字样的话感觉就不是税法的定义了。不知道这样可不可以,不过反正WeBull是放开给F-1注册的,大部分F-1都是NRA吧,只有五年以后才不是

Webull 有专门给NRA提供服务的版本呀 开户时候可以选NRA的

进入了Suntrust申请页面, 发现WeChat Image_20200724023659
吐血

说实话我个人感觉这种其实都是银行写这些条款的实习生没搞明白什么是 resident alien 什么是 permanent resident…