最后在eero pro 6和之前的orbi中选择了eero pro 6: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085VNCZHZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Amazon黑五活动，折扣和bestbuy一样，但是可以trade in，除了gift card额外还有25%买eero的折扣
Eero pro 6和 orbi RBK753S-100NAS 哪个好？NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System with Advanced Cyber Security, 3-pack https://www.costco.com/netgear-orbi-whole-home-mesh-wifi-6-system-with-advanced-cyber-security-3-pack.product.100533367.html
Eero Pro 6 got here a day early and it’s been fairly anti-climatic.
Still have them both if you want me to test something. Here is the summary:
I got the Eero 6 Pros, and they’re basically the same, but with a little less range. I’m slightly disappointed, but obviously night and day vs my AC1200 router I had.
- Ethernet speeds: 910-920 slightly slower than the 970-980 I get with the Orbi.
- Wifi 6 devices vs Wifi 5: no differences at all regardless of range. (Orbi did peak at 800mbps with my wifi 6 device when a foot away (which will never be my use case). The Eero couldn’t crack 650mbps on the main router.
- Handoff is better than the Orbi, does it sooner or if it stays on a further device it’s with strong connection (400mbps on the further satellite, Orbi would dip to 100-150mbps when pinged to a further device). Handoff definitely better. Do I trade off slightly worse speeds for better handoff? Maybe…
- Around the house connections were strong around 350-550mbs when closer to the satellites (as opposed to main router).
Other random notes:
- Orbi are much larger vertically but occupy less space in a desk (less than half)
- When Orbi is working there are NO lights. Which is great when there is one in a bedroom for example. It will light up if there is a problem. Eero has an always on white light (boo)
- The Eero wall plug is much, much smaller and uses usb-c to a 24 watt plug, so you can in theory replace easier (yay!) the chord is also shorter by about a foot. Orbi are huge and awkward to connect, it also uses one of those older type connectors.
- Orbi has 4 ethernet chords for those who care about those, whereas the zeros have 2.
I’m not sure which one I’m going to keep. I was hoping one could come closer to the 900 connections I get wired. (800 range, but both show almost identical speeds approaching 500mbps.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments. And I can test it out.
Save you some time and pain.